GENEALOGICAL REFERENCES FOR MEMBERS OF THE DUNHAM FAMILY
This information has been prepared by Gratia Dunham Mahony. Her original document has been sub-divided to fit more easily onto our web site. [PCD]
LINES FROM DEACON JOHN 1 DUNHAMíS SON BENAJAH 2 DUNHAM (b. 1637)
#7774 - Carl A. Dunham of Fairbault Minnesota
Line from Deacon John Dunham of Plymouth:
John 1 Benajah 2 Edmund 3 Edmund 4 Stephen 5 Gideon 6 Samuel 7 Josiah 8 John B. 9 William Arthur 10 Arthur 11 Bruce Carl 12 Carl Arthur 13 Dunham.
NOTE: THE FIRST THREE GENERATIONS ARE THE SAME AS #1785 (GEORGE DUNHAM), #5791
(RUSSELL H DUNHAM, III), AND #3012 (JOHN LAURENCE DUNHAM)
Continuing with generation four:
Edmund 4 Dunham b. 15 January 1691 in Piscataway, Middlesex Co. NJ
d. between 4 June and 13 July 1749 in Piscataway, NJ 
m. Dinah FitzRandolph
1. MacGunnigle, Bruce Campbell, C.G. compiler of Mayflower Families Through Five Generations, Edward Fuller family, Published by General Society of Mayflower Descendants 1990, Volume 4:34
2. Ibid. p. 108.
Stephen 5 Dunham b. 1 October 1737 in Piscataway, Middlesex Co. NJ
d. probably in Fayette Co. PA 
4. Land Records provide circumstantial evidence that this was the Stephen Dunham who moved first to Hunterdon Co. NJ, and about 1790 moved to Fayette Co. PA. Records from that period in western Pennsylvania are either very poor or non-existent.
Carl Arthur 13 Dunham participated in DNA analysis which showed his line to be from Deacon John Dunham of Plymouth. Members of the Singletary/alias Dunham line were also living in both Fayette and Greene Counties in western Pennsylvania and separation of the descendents of these two lines has been very difficult.
Gideon 6 Dunham b. 5 October 1757 Hunterdon Co. NJ [5
d. 25 May 1820 in Brown Co. Ohio,  buried in Brisslan Cemetery, Perry Twp. Brown Co. Ohio
m. 1 (unknown)
m. 2 Mary Bowen, m. 20 December 1792
5. MONONGALIA CO. (West Virginia, Records of the District, Superior and
County Courts, compiled by Melba Pender Zinn, pub. Heritage Books, Bowie, MD
1990, Vol. 5, p. 90; Case #127 - 1803, Monongalia County Court (names Gideon as
a son of Stephen Dunham)
6. Burials in Brisslan Cemetery, Perry Twp. Brown Co. OH
Samuel 7 Dunham b. prob. January 1786, prob. in Fayette Co. PA 
d. 29 June 1839 in Brown Co. OH 
m. Elizabeth Pickerill
5. Samuel, b. (prob. son of first unknown wife, b. say 1786, see Carl Dunham file)
If 1786 is the correct birth year, his father (Gideon 6) was still living in Fayette Co. PA. Gideon Dunham appears on the 1800 census in Georges Twp. Fayette Co. PA p. 547; 11010-20010
6. Information from descendant Carl Arthur 13Dunham.
Josiah 8 Dunham b. 31 August 1810 in Mason Co. KY 
d. in 1850 McClain Co. IL 
m. Charlotte Jolly
7. Ibid. also Josiah is age 40 on 1850 Census in Union Twp. Brown Co. OH p. 24-25
8. Information from descendant Carl Arthur 13Dunham.
John B. 9 Dunham b. about September 1832 in Ripley, Union Twp. Brown Co. OH 
d. 21 November 1908 in Bloomington IL 
m. Minnie Hoyt
9. Ibid. Also age 18 on 1850 Census
10. Ibid. Also Death Certificate.
William Arthur 10 Dunham b. 8 March 1875 in Bloomington IL 
d. 24 January 1938 in Chicago IL [12
m. Florence A. Fairchild
11. Ibid. Also 1900 Census
12. Ibid. Also death certificate
Arthur 11 Dunham b. 14 July 1907 
d. November 1979 in Kingston RI 
m. Evelyn Harriet Norum
Bruce Carl 12 Dunham b. in Chicago IL 
m. Ann Katherine Mitchell
Carl Arthur 13 Dunham b. 3 November 1962 in Fairbault MN
Still living. Participated in DNA analysis.