Dunham/Singletary Family Connections was organized in July 2004 as a non-profit, public benefit corporation in the State of Montana. The objectives of the organization are:
1. perpetuate the memory and genealogy of the Dunham/Singletary family and connections
2. promote interest in genealogical and historical research ...
3. identify, locate and preserve important historical sites and materials ...
4. publish newsletters, periodicals and other objects...
5. provide for reunions and other special events on local, regional, national or international bases
6. promote friendship, understanding and mutual assistance within the membership
7. encourage high ethical standards and professionalism in all genealogical and historical research practices, including careful and thorough documentation
The organizataion is governed by a board of directors and has adopted by-laws for its operations.